Mowing is an essential part of lawn care and maintenance services. All the healthy and lovely looking lawns you see, those that you envy have grasses that are well trimmed at the right height and condition. It contributes significantly to the overall appeal of any lawn.
Lawn mowing SA is of the gardening tasks that many homeowners do incorrectly. The mistakes you commit when mowing your lawn will have an ill effect on the health and look of your lawn. To ensure that you’re mowing your lawn correctly, make sure you follow these tips.
* Always ensure that the mower you are using is well maintained. You should keep the blades sharp – you can have the blades sharpened monthly or at least twice a year. Also, ensure that you adjust the mower’s deck to a height of 3 inches. Never neglect the deck’s underside as well. You should always clean out the clippings and debris after every use. It will help maintain the machine cutting quality and will as well prevent rusting.
* Plan your cut. Never mow a freshly watered lawn – You should only mow dry grass. Do not rush cutting when you’re using a riding machine or walk behind mower as well especially if you’re also mulching the lawn since this requires extra time to process the grass.
* Do not follow your exact wheel tracts for quick mowing. Lawn care professionals say that it is essential to vary the direction of mow each time. At each mow, try crisscrossing the mower to ensure that the cut is of the same level. By following alternate routes, you also disperse the clippings for a healthier and cleaner lawn.
* Don’t remove over one-third of the grass blades. The stress on the blade could result in the lawn browning, more so during the summer season. Most lawn-mowing experts say that the lowest height to cut your lawn is two inches.
* Be careful when mowing on slopes or hills. Do not go at high speeds and sudden turns over the slopes or hills when mowing since this can tear up the turf. If you are using a mow side by side, walk behind mower. When mowing using a tractor, mow straight up and downslope. Go slow if you’re going down hills especially if you’re using the zero radius turn radius mower.
* Before you start mowing, be sure to pick up twigs, stones and any visible debris and any other item that can damage your mower or leave an unsightly mess on your lawn.
Now if you do not have the experience when it comes to lawn mowing SA, you can always hire professional mowing services. With such service, you do not need to worry about anything. The experts will mow your lawn professionally, and all you need is to pay for the services offered. Since there are many such experts in Adelaide, be sure you have the best team by checking on experience, licenses, insurance coves, cost of services, reputation, etc. This way, you will be able to shortlist and hire the best lawn care experts.