Let’s face it – most people hate washing the dishes. Some even consider it as a punishment or a burden. That’s why to ease our problems with washing the dishes; we have a dishwasher to do the job for us and make our lives easier. However, it’s essential for us to highly consider the type of dishwasher powder that we’re going to use. Most of the time we’re looking for a dishwashing detergent that’s tough in cleaning dishes yet gentle on your dishwasher and in the environment. Here are some tips that you need to keep in mind when choosing for the ideal detergent for your dishwasher:
Ingredients to Avoid
Finding the best dishwasher power that’s tough on your dishes yet gentle on the environment isn’t that complicated. Just make sure that you avoid products that contain the following harmful ingredients:
- Chlorine – while chlorine is usually used to clean and brighten dishes, it’s also at the expense of both the ozone layer and your lungs. Chlorine is an irritant to your respiratory tract, which is not ideal to have near foods. That alone will already give you an idea of not choosing detergents that contain chlorine.
- Phosphate – Phosphate is used to dissolve minerals in hard water. It’s also a proponent for algae in waterways, which means it isn’t an ideal ingredient for your dishwasher powder since it can lead to the development of algae inside your dishwasher.
- Sodium Hydroxide – Sodium hydroxide is a standard solution for greasy plates. However, it’s also an abrasive base that can burn the skin. When brought to the eyes, it can also cause blindness. So keep it out of your kitchen as much as possible.
Tips To Always Keep In Mind
When it comes to using your dishwasher, here are some tips that you need to keep in mind:
- Skip the pre-rinse cycle to conserve water and electricity.
- Ingredients that help fight of grease are all dangerous for the environment in general. That’s why instead of using them, manually degrease your plates by scraping off debris before loading it to your dishwasher.
- Position large plates and other items at the back of the dishwasher to avoid obstructing the flow of soap.
- Use only the right amount of dishwasher powder. Too much can damage your dishwasher and can potentially hinder its durability.
Choose Nothing but the Best Dishwasher Powder
Choosing the best dishwasher powder isn’t that hard to do. Just ensure that follow the tips on this article and you will 100% land an all-natural dishwashing detergent that’s both tough on plates yet gentle on your skin and the environment.